Saturday, March 16, 2013

In the past few weeks

In the past few weeks I have:
  • Set boundaries (with people other than my husband). It was peaceful and strengthening.
  • Worked to enforce boundaries. It was draining and soul crushing.
  • Reaped the fruits of an important boundary I set. It resulted in an experience that was pivotal to my life immediately and will be, I am confident, the rest of my life. A literal dream come true that exhilarated and clarified and confirmed who I am.
  • Mothered two very sick children and felt sorry for a very sick husband and self while visiting extended family across country for a week. It was exhausting.
  • Created new personal space in my home. It has already increased my productivity and peace (e.g., this blog post).
  • Been working on setting more consistent part-time child care arrangements so I can do the things God and I need and want me to do with my life right now in addition to being a committed mother. It has been difficult to work out the logistics, but I feel very at peace with the direction I'm headed.
  • Spent very little time reading the blogs on my sidebar, but this time has been well-spent. I want to leave some comments to what you've written when I have the time/emotion to do a proper job.
  • Seen huge improvements in H's depression. Hooray!
  • Made a major decision with H regarding our plans for the summer that will require quite a bit of sacrifice for our family, namely me. He has responded by upping his contributions around the house already. It has been validating and fulfilling to see this exchange.
  • Been reminded that I have the most incredible friends in the world. My friends are so caring and understanding and happy to help me. It has been humbling (in the best possible way) to connect with them, however briefly, lately.
I wish I could write more. I have so much in my I feel ready to share. But I also have a lot around me that needs to be done, and technically this post is meeting my need for sharing right now, so I'm going to leave it as that. Love and best wishes to you all.

3 comments:

  1. I am really curious to hear more! It sounds like you have made some good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much good news. I'm perhaps most glad to hear about the depression improving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are seeing some good things happening:) I ♥ your list! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete